Choosing the right skin care products can be frustrating and overwhelming. Beauty magazines and infomercials are literally flooding consumers with beauty essentials and products containing newer, improved ingredients. How many of you have fallen prey to purchasing beauty products only to find out that the results are less than stellar? Your skin is constantly being bombarded by heat, light, and pollutants which break down skin cells resulting in damage and premature aging. Your skin is the largest organ of the human body and in order to keep it healthy it needs to receive nourishment.
If you are a conscientious shopper, the first thing you do after picking up a new beauty product is to read the ingredient list which will typically consist of a lot of unrecognizable ingredients that you probably can’t pronounce. The knowledgeable aestheticians at The Skin & Body Refinery have provided the following information to make your search for the most effective skin care products a little less confusing by listing the top “5 must have” skincare ingredients. By combining the professional skin care services provided by our skilled aestheticians with our line of specially chosen skin care products that are proven to be effective, you can achieve the skin care results you have always dreamed of.
The Top Five Most Effective Skin Care Ingredients that Really Work
The most effective ingredients found in skin care products include:
1. Glycolic Acid: Often described in the skin care industry as the omega of all acids. Glycolic acid allows the skin cells to shed while promoting the production of collagen which helps to strengthen your skin. Glycolic acid is renowned for its exfoliating properties which keep the skin refreshed and revitalized to maintain a smooth and youthful appearance. The Skin & Body Refinery sells many high quality skin care and cosmetic products including SkinCeuticals. One item that contains glycolic acid is SkinCeuticals Simply Clean, a pore refining gel cleanser.
2. Hyaluronic Acid: Best described as a water binding agent. Once the moisture has been absorbed into your skin, the hyaluronic acid prevents the moisture from leaving giving the skin a plump, refreshed, younger looking appearance. Hyaluronic acid is an active ingredient in SkinCeuticals H.A Intensifier, a multi-functional serum.
3. Niacinamide: Closely related to hyaluronic acid in terms of the similar effects of hydration to retain moisture. Niacinamide also has the added benefits of providing a layer of protection against pollution, UV rays and other environmental factors that can prematurely age the skin. It can also help even out skin tone while reducing the appearance of redness. SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3 is a comprehensive daily emulsion used to correct early symptoms of photoaging.
4. Retinol: Basically another name for Vitamin A and has the capacity to do wonders for your skin including stimulating collagen and elastin production. Retinol also encourages you skin to shed old skin cells to allow the new skin cells to reach the surface. Vitamin A has been proven to increase moisture, diminish pigmentation, and fight acne, while its antioxidant properties fight off the effects of free radicals which can further damage your skin. SkinCeuticals Retinol 0.5 and 1.0 refining night cream contain retinol.
5. Vitamin C: A key element of any anti-aging skincare regiment. Vitamin C is an antioxidant which protects against damage caused by UV rays while stimulating collagen production. The effects of Vitamin C can also help brighten the skin to reveal the appearance of smoother more radiant looking skin throughout the day. An example of a SkinCeuticals product containing Vitamin C is C E Ferulic Combination Antioxidant.