When the seasons start to show significant changes, there are several other things that need to change as well. Not only will you be changing out your wardrobe for something warmer and cozier, but you will also need to make some changes to your skincare as well. Your winter skincare routine should look slightly different than your summer routine. Skin And Body Refinery is here to share our best tips to help your skin glow even in the harsh winter this year.
How Can I Make My Dull Skin Glow in Winter?
When the air starts to dry out in the fall and winter months, it is essential to make changes to your skincare routine to reflect that. Dry skin can start to hurt and crack if you aren’t careful. Here are some tips to help ensure your skin stays hydrated and supple this winter:
– Take Cooler & Shorter Showers: Even though a nice hot shower might be calling to you this winter, you should avoid taking long showers that are too hot. The hot water can actually work to damage your skin. It depletes it of the moisture it so desperately needs.
– Consider a Humidifier: Adding moisture to the air in your house can prove to be incredibly beneficial to you. You can either have a humidifier installed in your house to humidify the air throughout the entirety of it, or you can use a portable humidifier that can be moved from room to room. Just remember to monitor the humidity levels because you don’t want the air to be too humid and cause issues with mold and mildew growth.
– Combine Lotion & Handwashing: Washing your hands is definitely the best way to avoid getting the flu this winter, but it can do a number on your skin. Make sure you follow up hand washing with an unscented lotion to help keep your hands from cracking. Avoid using water that is too warm too.
– Use a Hydrating Cleanser: Washing your face is something that should be done morning and night to avoid bacteria growth and acne. Make sure you switch to a hydrating cleanser so that your face isn’t depleted of the moisture it needs to avoid wrinkles and other signs of aging.
– Switch from Lotion to Cream: Speaking of your face, make sure you are swapping out your face lotion for a nourishing cream that will offer far more hydrating benefits.
– Use Sunscreen: Even though you might not spend as much time outside in the winter as you do in the summer, don’t forget sunscreen that will help protect your skin from harmful UV Rays.
Skin Products, Treatments & More in Waco, TX (Just Minutes Away from Axtell, West, Lorena, Bellmead, Woodway, Hewitt, Robinson & Crawford, Texas)
If you’re having a difficult time keeping your face hydrated this winter, you can turn to Skin And Body Refinery to help. We offer several skin rejuvenation services that will help your skin stay happy even when its dry and cold outside. Call us today!