Obesity or being overweight affects about 70% of American adults. Associated with some leading causes of death, including stroke and diabetes, heart disease, and is linked to an increased risk of certain types of cancer, being obese or overweight is a serious health issue. The risk of cardiovascular disease in adult patients with obesity or overweight, proper diet and exercise is critical. Unfortunately, these efforts are not always sufficient in helping people permanently shed the pounds. Today, we at Skin and Body Refinery would like to share the struggles of weight loss and a solution that was recently approved with the FDA known as subcutaneous injections.
What are the Main Causes of Obesity?
1) Too Much Sitting. According to experts, you are likely eating more calories than you burn off when you have a job that has you spending too much time sitting. Ultimately, when you are not active enough, it is bad for your health. Though it may not be enough to shed the unwanted pounds, being active is an essential element for your goals and health. Make time to be physically active in the day.
2) Not Accounting for All Calorie Intake. Your waistline will not forget the doughnut you ate during your morning meeting as you reach for a brownie after dinner, but you may have. Generally, people think they are more active than what they actually are and underestimate how much food they eat. When it comes to underestimating how much food people consume, we would like to offer an example. People have a morning coffee they don’t think impacts much, however, by the time the cream and sugar are added, that simple cup of coffee has been transformed into a high calorie treat. You can avoid an over consumption of calories by tracking everything you consume with apps, or with a pad and pen. You may be surprised of how many calories you ingest in a day when you track everything that seemed innocent.
3) Excessive Food Portions. Portions have drastically increased over the years. Most people think a single serving of something is actually 2, maybe 3 servings of food. Restaurants often want to offer a heaping pile food to their patrons. When you order food, only eat half of what is offered and save the other half for another meal later. Monitor your food servings with apps and such.
4) Genes. Obesity can come from genetics. Genes can directly cause obesity. From disorders such as Prader-Willi syndrome to genes causing susceptibility to weight gain, genetics can increase the likelihood of obesity and being overweight as well as the challenge to lose it.
5) Medications and Conditions. Overweight and obesity can stem from hormone issues like as Cushing syndrome, underactive thyroid, and polycystic ovary syndrome. In addition to health conditions, and medications including antidepressants, corticosteroids, antidepressants, and seizure medicines can also lead to weight gain as well as problems losing it.
6) Environmental Conditions. Ranging from stress, emotional traumas, to even poor sleeping habits, people can gain and retain unwanted pounds. In some cases, such environmental issues cannot be avoided, but where it can be helped, it can also help with weight loss.
Subcutaneous Injections Weight Loss & More in Waco, TX (Just Minutes Away from Axtell, West, Lorena, Bellmead, Woodway, Hewitt, Robinson & Crawford, Texas)
Fortunately, the FDA approved the use of subcutaneous injections for chronic weight management in adults with obesity or who are overweight. With proper diet and increase in physical activity, combined with subcutaneous injections, people can often see the desired results and reach their health goals. With Skin and Body Refinery, our clients can take advantage of subcutaneous injections to help them shed those stubborn pounds and have healthier and better quality of life.