When you struggle with skin issues that impact your self confidence and self-image, you might be looking for any solution to the problem. Chemical peels have been around for decades and often prove to be the answer that you’re looking for in dealing with a number of different skin issues. Skin And Body Refinery is here to talk about some of the most common skin issues that can be fixed with chemical peels.
How Does a Chemical Peel Work?
Depending on what you are trying to accomplish with a chemical peel, the acids used to repair your skin might be different. However, all chemical peels work in the same way with the use of acid to remove layers of skin to promote healing. There are three different types of chemical peels that all work to repair your skin and treat different types of skin issues.
– Light (Superficial): This is a chemical peel that will use either glycolic or salicylic acids to remove the top layer or epidermis of the skin. This can be used to treat fine lines and wrinkles, acne, uneven skin tones and dryness. Many people don’t report feeling too much discomfort during this type of chemical peel and rarely need any painkillers.
– Medium: Using Trichloroacetic acid, a medium chemical peel will not only remove the epidermis, but it will also remove part of the upper dermis as well. This is used to repair deeper wrinkles and acne scars. Some people use this chemical peel to even out skin tones as well. This is a more intense chemical peel and so some clients choose to have a sedative and a painkiller to help with discomfort.
– Deep: If you are struggling with deep lines and and scars on your face, this is a great way to treat them. This type of chemical peel is also used to remove precancerous growths on the skin as well. The type of acid used for deep chemical peels is carbolic (phenol) acid. It is common for a sedative to be used during this procedure to ensure the client is completely comfortable. This is usually coupled with IV fluids that will help to keep you hydrated throughout the procedure.
What Skin Conditions Does a Chemical Peel Treat?
There are several different skin issues that can be addressed with chemical peels.
– Fine lines & wrinkles around the eyes and mouth
– Age spots, freckles, and solar lentigines can also be lessened
– Uneven skin tones
– Acne breakouts
– Uneven skin tones caused by rosacea or malasma
– Smooths out skin texture due to dryness or acne scarring
Chemical Peels & More in Waco, TX (Just Minutes Away from Axtell, West, Lorena, Bellmead, Woodway, Hewitt, Robinson & Crawford, Texas)
If you are struggling with any of these skin conditions, you can turn to Skin And Body Refinery for our chemical peel services. We can treat several different skin issues that will help improve your complexion. Call us today!