The internet gives us a lot of information and opinions when it comes to skincare. Many times, that advice is what the manufacturer of a product wants you to hear so you’ll buy it. It can be hard to know what to believe. Skin and Body Refinery clear up some common misconceptions below.
Skin Care Facts & Myths
1. How Often Should You Exfoliate Your Face? It’s good to exfoliate your skin but doing it too much can take away the barrier your skin needs to keep moisture in and to keep irritants out. If you damage the skin barrier it will be more sensitive to some of the products you use. You may notice redness and your skin can become drier. You may have to help your skin repair its barrier if your skin becomes too dry and starts to flake. The right product(s) can help.
2. Is Makeup Bad for Your Skin? You probably wear makeup almost every day. While it can be harmful for your skin, it doesn’t have to be. For a natural, put together look, the best makeup you can use on your skin is mineral makeup. Mineral foundations also have other benefits for our skin. If you’re not ready to make the switch just make sure any makeup you use in non-comedogenic, so it won’t clog your pores.
3. Can Food in Diet Cause Acne? For most people, diet only plays a minor role in acne but there are some foods that you should avoid if your skin is prone to breakouts. Dairy and processed foods are more likely to cause breakouts in those with acne prone skin. Mineral foundation can be very helpful in putting an end to breakouts.
4. Will Facial Scrubs Remove Blackheads? It may seem like a good idea to scrub blackheads, but it can actually make matters worse as it can increase inflammation and cause more pimples to form. That’s the last thing you want! Blackheads cannot be eliminated with scrubbing because they are too deep. All you’ll end up doing is aggravating your skin.
5. Do Face Moisturizers that Smell Good, Work Better? We all love a great smell and manufacturers add fragrance to their products to make them more appealing. These added fragrances can have a negative effect on your skin because they can cause skin allergies. They can also cause the issues that you’re trying to fix to get worse.
6. Do Anti Aging Creams Get Rid of Wrinkles? Unfortunately, that wrinkle cream you’re buying may not reverse wrinkles. The ingredients in them sound like they’ll do the trick but probably won’t. The best way to fight wrinkles is to prevent them from forming in the first place. Wearing sunscreen daily and using the right makeup will protect your skin from the damage that the skin can cause. Skincare professionals can let you know if the product you’re using is effective on your skin.
Skin Care Products, Treatments & More in Waco, TX (Just Minutes Away from Axtell, West, Lorena, Bellmead, Woodway, Hewitt, Robinson & Crawford, Texas)
There are many options when it comes to treating your skin. You can trust the experts at Skin and Body Refinery to tell you the truth and help you get the results you want. Contact Skin And Body Refinery to make your next appointment today!