No matter their age, many people particularly celebrities that have beautiful radiant skin. Where some people’s skin is natural, others achieve radiant skin with chemical peels. Being the least invasive procedures, chemical peels can revitalize the skin. There are more than 11 million people throughout the globe opting to undergo chemical peels, despite there are other options to achieve optimal results. We at the Skin & Body Refinery would like to relate some fundamentals and advantages for those considering chemical peels with this in mind.
What is a Chemical Peel?
To most people, the term “chemical peel” sounds a little intimidating. Much like a horror movie, people envision an unpleasant chemical acid peeling layers of skin away. But rest assured, a chemical peel is nothing to fear. With a safe and mild chemical solution that is carefully applied, the surface layer of skin is gently dissolved. After the old is skin removed and the tissue begins to heal itself, the new skin that is revealed is smoother and fresher. Offered in varied degrees of strength, chemical peel types are determined based on your skin type and your desired results the doctor.
Who is a Good Candidate for Chemical Peel?
For anyone looking to revitalize their skin to a healthy glow and youthful look, a chemical peel is ideal. No matter if you are male or female or even what your age is, chemical peels are a perfect way to achieve vigorous and lustrous skin. For skin that has over exposure to sun, signs of aging skin, acne scars and clogged pores chemical peels are also preferable. To brighten otherwise drab and dull complexion, the chemical peels balance uneven skin tones. In order to make the skin smoother, vibrant, and younger looking, chemical peels are exceptional.
Chemical Peeling Advantages
1) Decrease sun exposure damage. Sun damage and melasma are serious skin threats for people who spend regular time outside, affect a lot of people. As the chemical peel procedure influences the skin to heal itself on a deeper level, dark spots and sun damaged skin are healed and left smooth.
2) Improved skin texture. Due to the increased cell turnover, the procedure exfoliates the skin to the extreme, offering the skin optimal texture.
3) Boost collagen growth. Because as we mentioned earlier the chemical peel exfoliates the skin, cell renewal and collagen production are stimulated. The skin that is regenerator is healthier and younger as a byproduct.
4) Lessen acne and acne scars. With just a mild chemical peel, blemishes and acne scars are significantly reduced.
5) Diminish fine lines and wrinkles. Taking an extended amount of time, with barely noticeable effects, the over the counter creams, lotions and serums are not as efficient. To smooth the fine lines and wrinkles, chemical peels achieve the ultimate results in lesser time.
6) Promote confidence. Due to the imperfections you perceive on your face and you want to correct, chemical peels are likely considered. Your confidence is increased after the chemical peel treatments, since the skin is left soft, smooth, even, and fresh.
7) Cost efficient. As opposed to investing hundreds of hard-earned dollars in anti-aging product, chemical peels are more cost effective with actual results at an affordable cost.
8) Fast results. Chemical peels procedures are fairly quick and there is no recovery time, since they are one of the least invasive options.
Chemical Peels & More in Waco, TX (Just Minutes Away from Axtell, West, Lorena, Bellmead, Woodway, Hewitt, Robinson & Crawford, Texas)
Come talk to our team of professionals at Skin & Body Refinery’s medical spa and we will consult with you on your options if you are considering a chemical peel. We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment!