Restylane is an extremely popular family of dermal fillers which are primarily used to restore collagen that is lost during the natural aging processes. The products include Restylane, Restylane Silk, Restylane Lyft, Restylane Refyne, and Restylane Defyne. Each of these products are used for a different purpose and the knowledgeable experts at Skin & Body Refinery have provided the following information to help you decide which product is best suited for your specific needs.
What is Restylane Used For?
Restylane is best described as hyaluronic acid dermal fillers and is one of the first fillers to receive approval by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA). One of the most common uses for Restylane is lip fillers. However there are a number of Restylane products on the market that can be used for other areas of the face including nasolabial folds (laugh lines) and cheeks.
FDA Recommended Uses for Restylane
• Restylane & Restylane-L are both recommended for use to correct moderate to severe facial lines and wrinkles including laugh lines. Both products can also be used as lip fillers.
• Restylane Lyft with Lidocaine is one of the best products on the market to correct moderate to severe lines including laugh lines and cheek augmentation. Other uses include injection into the hands for increased volume in more mature men and women.
• Restylane Silk is an excellent choice for both lip augmentation and for correcting wrinkles around the mouth.
• Restylane Refyne helps soften and diminish laugh lines while maintaining natural facial expressions.
• Restylane Defyne is best used to correct moderate to severe deep facial folds and wrinkles including nasolabial folds (laugh lines)
Restylane products are well known for their natural looking results and work wonders to smooth facial wrinkles, add volume to the lip area, smooth fine lines around the lips, add fullness to the midface, cheeks, and the back of hands while allowing you to maintain your natural facial expressions.
What to Expect from Restylane Treatments?
The first step is the numbing process which begins approximately 15 minutes before your Restylane treatment is injected. Swelling and bruising is a normal side effect after the injections and typically lasts a few days with bruising dissipating within a week. On the day of treatment it is recommended that you treat the area 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off. To help limit the amount of bruising avoid taking over the counter products containing blood thinners such as Aspirin, Advil, and Motrin a few days before the procedure. It is also best to avoid caffeine and alcohol for a few days before and after your procedure. Restylane should not be used if you are pregnant or breast feeding, or if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. It is also recommended that you avoid waxing, tweezing, and bleaching in the area being treated.
Restylane Lip Fillers & More in Waco, TX (Just Minutes Away from Axtell, West, Lorena, Bellmead, Woodway, Hewitt, Robinson & Crawford, Texas)
Our skin changes as we age and as we age we begin to lose collagen resulting in thinner, more delicate skin that has lost its elasticity. Restylane is an excellent product that can help you achieve youthful natural looking results. To learn more about Restylane and other anti-aging products and procedures, contact the knowledgeable experts at Skin & Body Refinery today.