There are many factors that come into play when you are talking about what makes your skin look youthful. No one wants to look older than they actually are. One part of your skin that plays a big role in the way that your skin looks is collagen. This leaves people looking for ways they can boost collagen and look younger. Skin & Body Refinery is here to talk about some foods that you can incorporate in your diet to boost collagen and help you look younger.
Why is Taking Collagen so Important?
There are over 30 different types of collagens found in your skin, tendons, ligaments, teeth, muscles and more. It is even found in the valves of your heart. Collagen is the most abundant and the strongest protein found in your body. As you get older, the abundance of this protein reduces. This is why you start to notice more fine lines and wrinkles in your skin as you age.
What Foods are High in Collagen?
The good news is that you can not only boost collagen with skin rejuvenation treatments but your diet as well. Here are some foods that will help boost this important protein that will leave you looking and feeling younger.
– Citrus: Lemons, limes, oranges and other citrus fruits are high in Vitamin C which is needed for the cells that produce collagen in our bodies need. Whether you are eating vitamin C or putting it on your skin topically, you will notice a difference in the way your skin looks.
– Fish: Your body needs Omega fatty acids to maintain a healthy complexion. Not only does it boost your skin, but Omega fatty acids come with a number of other health benefits as well.
– Avocados: There is a reason you see avocados incorporated in many skin products. This food is rich in both vitamin C and E. Both of these vitamins are essential for healthy skin.
– Garlic: A small clove of garlic doesn’t only add flavor to your favorite foods, it also helps rebuild collagen that was damaged free radicals as well as add protection against future damage.
– Leafy Greens: There is a reason that nutritionists are always pushing leafy greens. They are not only great for your internal organs but your largest organ as well, your skin.
– Red Vegetables: Vegetables that are red are high in lycopene that naturally boost collagen production. These vegetables help combat inflammation and skin aging.
– Eggs: Eggs are high in the amino acids lysine and proline. These are the two most essential amino acids that aid in collagen production.
Skin Rejuvenation & More in Waco, TX (Just Minutes Away from Axtell, West, Lorena, Bellmead, Woodway, Hewitt, Robinson & Crawford, Texas)
If your skin is looking old and tired, you can call on Skin & Body Refinery to provide you with one of our skin rejuvenation treatments to help give your skin that youthful glow you are looking for. We will help you look and feel younger. Call us today!